This is a shout out to Life’s Fine Whine. I loved her post and decided to reply as though she had tagged me, which she technically didn’t. Her blog is all about lifestyle, beauty, travel, and food. Take a minute to check her out.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Everybody just called me Sharon, except my mom, who sometimes calls me Share.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I doodle contantly and draw a little bit, so little drawing challenges like Inktober are a lot of fun to me. You can follow my Inktober 2019 drawings on my Instagram stories.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I usually fall asleep fairly easily, but then wake in the middle of the night. I am a little intolerant of lying in bed bored. If I’m not sleeping, I will give up really easily and get on my phone. I play games, watch YouTube, or go on social media to complain that I’m not sleeping. Just being honest.
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
I am really quiet at first. But once I get comfortable, I get really talkative. I said this to a coworker recently who looked at me like I was lying because he has never seen that side of me. I swear it’s true, though. When people see my quiet side, they tend to think something is very wrong. It’s not. I’m just an introvert.
5. What makes you cry?
I’m hyper-sensitive and tend to think people are mad at me or that I have offended someone. I cry like a total baby. It’s pretty ridiculous.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Rudeness and littering. I mean, Why??
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Not enough. I don’t think about it and then when I do look my hair or makeup is doing something totally crazy.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That I would be abducted by aliens if I walked the dog after dark. I saw the movie Fire in the sky, and it traumatized me. I still had to walk the dog. I was twelve years old and my parents just thought I was being silly. My poor dog! I would drag him around, nervously nagging him to hurry up, while staring up at the sky. I swore if I saw so much as a flicker, the dog would have to hold it because I would run back inside, dragging him behind me the whole way.
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My husband. He is always helping everyone. I am not so generous with my time and energy, but he sets a great example for me and makes me want to be a better person.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
12. Which animal scares you the most?
I don’t really know, I guess snakes, spiders, and anything truly ferocious, like lions, tigers, and bears, Oh My!
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
I am a coward. If I can avoid it at all costs, I will.
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
My hair. I don’t have it trimmed often enough, so it seems every time I get it trimmed and cleaned up it’s like a makeover, LOL.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
As a photographer, I get tired of hearing that my camera must take really good pictures.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Alligator bites. Sushi. Calamari. I’m adventurous but not too adventurous. Some things I just cannot be convinced to try.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
As an introvert, I keep away from people a lot. I have a few friends that I like to talk to, but mostly I hide away at home.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
“I’m just saying…”
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Taylorsville, GA. I live here and we are very secluded out in the country. It’s beautiful and peaceful here. The people are wonderful. It’s the perfect place.
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I like both Penelope and Kristen, but I think I look more like a Kristen, so I’ll go with that.
21. When was the last time you lied?
I’m sure it was less than 24 hours ago, but I can’t remember.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
The Bible. It amazes me that no matter how much I read it, I learn something new. and it has me constantly growing and changing and it will probably continue on in that way for the rest of my life.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
That’s a tough one, because I would LOVE to explore a planet. But I also very mush prefer to keep my feet on the ground. Plus curing a deadly disease would save countless lives. Given my preference for staying grounded, I’ll choose the curing the deadly disease one.
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
Writingwatching movies and sleeping late.
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
“Oh no! My alarm didn’t go off and the coffee didn’t auto start!”
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
I hate to admit this, but I can’t think of one. As a portrait photographer of toddlers, the only song in my head is Baby Shark. I’m sorry! Not my favorite song.
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
Kayla-Sweet. Fun. Clothing Designer. Mommy.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
I would ask God (I hope this counts) why he created cockroaches. I hate them and do not understand why. I could think about this a little deeper but…
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
A few people have told me that I resemble Molly Ringwold.
30. What do you want me to know?
I am very sleepy. I love my sleep.